10 Plastic Free Gift Ideas for 2023
With Christmas fast approaching and more on more of us looking for plastic-free Christmas gift ideas, at KinKind we thought what better way to kick off your sustainable Christmas and get you inspired than with a helpful little blog full of our favourite plastic-free gift ideas!
Scroll down for our top 10 plastic-free Christmas gift ideas, including a few of our KinKind plastic-free hair & body care favourites...
1. Plastic-free Hair & Body Care
What better gift to kick off yourself and your loved ones sustainable Christmas than by gifting lovely hair and skin with our award-winning plastic-free hair and body-care bars. With our specially curated eco friendly gift sets, filled with our award-winning range of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body scrub, shave and moisturiser bars, combined in specially curated fragranced themed collections, they are the perfect plastic free Christmas gifts for your hair, skin and the planet! Each gift set is UK made, 100% plastic free, cruelty-free, vegan-friendly and posted to you through the letterbox, or direct to your gift recipient. You can even include a gift message. See our full Christmas Gift Collection here!
Our top KinKind picks for whoever you are gifting for this Christmas?
- For the KinKind newbie: Introducing someone to plastic-free shampoo and conditioner bars for the first time? Our ultimate starter sets with a Shampoo bar, Conditioner bar, Metal Storage Rack & 2 Travel Tins are perfect to get your recipient started on their plastic-free journey. Available for whatever their hair type/concern, simply click here to choose the perfect set for your friend/family member!
- For gorgeous hair and skin for her: The perfect combination of cleanse and care for your hair and skin, our hair & body care sets in carefully curated fragranced themed collections are the perfect gift for her. For the ultimate hair and body-care pamper routine our PAMPER me! Hair & Skincare BEAUTY GIFT SET with dreamy notes of coconut and a gorgeous geranium & ylang ylang fragrance this, is one of our top plastic-free Christmas gifts for her!
- For him: Take your pick from our DADS & LADS range: we have the Hair, Beard & Body Wash GIFT SET featuring freshly fragranced shampoo & body wash bars, or our GROOMING GIFT SET with our organic shave bars and shampoo bar perfect for beard grooming!
- For your favourite four-legged friends: The perfect plastic free gift idea to treat your four-legged friends to in their stockings, our Make me PAWSOME! Stocking Filler features our Make me PAWSOME! dog shampoo bar along with 1 of our KinKind aluminium storage tins. Because...why should our KinKind dogs be missing out on plastic-free Christmas gifts!
2. Zero Waste Books
Avoid gifting books bound for landfill this Christmas and instead why not try gifting the top bestsellers as an e-book to your friend or family member who loves nothing more than sitting down with a good book on their e-reader! Or, if your recipient doesn't have an e-reader, gifting second-hand is such a lovely zero waste gift idea: simply pass on one of the favourite books from your own bookshelf, or simply purchase second hand from your local charity shop or online retailers where you can find some great quality books that may even have a little extra character to boot!
3. Plants & Plant Accessories
What better way to start off the new year than with a Christmas gift that with some proper care can be enjoyed for much longer than the quickly devoured box of chocolates you may have previously bought? Then why not try gifting an indoor plant this Christmas: plastic-free, purifying for the air and with studies suggesting they can even boost your mood, it makes the perfect planet-friendly plastic-free Christmas gift idea. For the ultimate zero waste gift, you can even get crafty and up-cycle any pots you have to place the plant in. Or simply choose your favourite plastic-free plant accessories from your local garden centre or online for a fuss-free zero waste gift idea!
4. Plastic-free Christmas Cards
With it estimated around 8 billion Christmas cards are sent annually in the UK, instead of opting for plastic covered or non recyclable cards this Christmas, one of the easiest ways to gift more sustainably is to choose cards with recyclable materials. Or, go one step further and make personalised cards with no plastic in sight and really give that personal touch. It's especially a great way to get the kids involved too!
5. Plastic-free Wrapping
With so much wrapping paper covered in glitter and foil coatings that aren't recyclable, why not opt for more sustainable options this Christmas? From fabric wrap, recyclable paper, paper ribbons and reusing last year's wrapping, there are so many ways you can cut out the plastic, non recyclable materials and still give a lovely wrapped gift this Christmas. If you have a real tree, you can even cut off a few sprigs to use as present trimmings instead of plastic bows and ribbons. Our personal favourite is pairing them with some natural twine and brown paper!
6. Plastic-free Christmas Crackers
When getting your Christmas table arrangements sorted this Christmas, instead of opting for crackers filled with non recyclable glitter and plastic toys, why not keep a look out for the plastic-free sustainable options on the market. You can even make your own cracker inserts with your own jokes and games and get creative!
7. Soy Wax Scented Candles
A more sustainable alternative to common candles often made of paraffin wax, soy wax scented candles are instead made from soy bean wax which is better for the environment! With scents derived from essential oils and burning longer than a regular candle they are the perfect calming gift idea this Christmas.
8. Reusable Coffee Cups & Sustainable Coffee Pods
For the coffee lover in your life, why not gift them a reusable coffee cup for on-the-go or introduce them to more sustainable coffee options this Christmas. With so many amazing ethically sourced and home compatible coffee pods also now on the market, you can even create the ultimate coffee lover gift with a reusable coffee cup, mug for at home and ethical coffee pods for home or work.
9. Reusable Water Bottles
We may all know by now that refilling a water bottle over purchasing endless plastic bottles is a better way to hydrate on the go. But, whether it's a lost bottle or simply slipping back into old habits of reaching for the plastic bottled products in the supermarket, why not get someone inspired to reuse and refill again ready for the new year and help them with their new year hydration target with a reusable water bottle gift.
10. Build your own Plastic-free Hamper
Looking to really treat someone to a larger gift this Christmas? Why not create your own ultimate sustainable hamper, personalised for them with some lovely sustainable treats. From our lovely hair and skin care bars, to sustainable chocolates, water bottles and coffee treats, all of our plastic free Christmas gift ideas are perfect to combine in one big sustainable hamper. And...using fabric wrap and recyclable wrapping paper along with second hand boxes or baskets means it doesn't just have to be the contents that are sustainable!
From our home to yours, we hope you enjoy a healthy and happy, plastic free Christmas!