- Who we are
- Our website
- Our collection and use of your personal information
- Transfer of your information out of the EEA
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Your rights
- Keeping your personal information secure
- How to complain
- How to contact us
This Website is operated by KINKIND LIMITED. We operate an e-commerce website. For more information about us, please click here.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you and, in doing so, are regulated under the UK General Data Protection Regulation. We are also subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union in relation to the goods we offer to individuals in the European Economic Area. We are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.2. OUR WEBSITE
Throughout our Website we may provide you with links to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties who may make their own products and services available to you. These other third-party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy polices. For privacy information relating to these other third-party websites, please consult their privacy policies as appropriate. We cannot accept any liability for your use of those third-party websites or how your data is processed by the owners/operators of those websites.3. OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information about you when you access our Website, register with us, contact us, sign up to our newsletter, send us feedback, purchase products or services via our Website, and compete customer surveys or participate in competitions via our Website.
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our Website. Such information includes:
- Identity Data: your name, address, date of birth
- Contact Data: Contact details including email address and telephone number;
- Profile Data: your account details, such as username and login details, details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media and information about the products we provide to you;
- Technical data: technical data including your internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating systems and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Website;
- Marketing and Communications Data: marketing and communications preferences including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences; and
- any other information that you submit to us.
We may use this personal information to:
- create and manage your account with us;
- verify your identity;
- provide goods and services to you;
- customise our Website and its content to your particular preferences;
- notify you of any changes to our Website or to our services that may affect you; and
- improve our services.
This Website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases upon which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why. For further detail, see the table below.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose;
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract;
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations);
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests).
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of the ways we will use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
Purpose / activity
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing
To register you as a new customer and create your account
Performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract
To communicate with you in relation to any products purchased by you through the Website, or when you sign up for our newsletter including providing you with customer support
Performance of a contract with you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to respond to enquiries from you to receive our newsletter and to ensure our customers are provided with support)
Performance of a contract with you
To administer and protect the Website and our business including data analysis, testing, and statistical research and hosting of data
Necessary for our legitimate interests to run our business and the Website, for the provisions of administration and IT services and for network security
To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to measure and understand the effectiveness of any advertising that we present to you
Marketing and Communications Data
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to understand how our customers use our Website and our products, to develop them and our business and to inform our marketing strategy (including providing you with more effective personalised content as detailed below)
To provide you with information about goods or services that we or our selected third parties offer and make personalised suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
Marketing and Communications Data
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop or Website and products and grow our business and to ensure advertisements delivered to you are effective and are of interest to you
Who we share your personal information with
We may disclose anonymised data (such as aggregated statistics) about the users of our Website in order to describe our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other information to prospective partners, advertisers, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will not contain your personal data.
We may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal data.
We may also share your information with third parties in the following situations, to the extent permitted by law:
(a) if we think doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, security, or safety of us, our users, or the public;
(b) to enforce our general Terms and Conditions or any other agreements we have in place with you;
(c) to investigate and defend ourselves or others against any third-party claims or allegations; and
(d) while negotiating or in relation to a business transaction, such as a merger, change of control, sale of assets, or bankruptcy.4. TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION OUT OF THE EEA
We may transfer your personal information outside the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area (EEA) if any of our group companies, selected third parties or data processors are located outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the United Kingdom and/or the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
(a) we will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the UK Government, or where the EU GDPR applies, the European Commission – this is also known as an adequacy decision.
(b) where there is no adequacy decision, we may transfer your personal data to a third country if we are satisfied the transfer complies with data protection laws and a legally approved standard data protection contract is in place which provides for effective legal remedies and enforceable rights for you as a data subject.
(c) where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.5. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.6. MARKETING
We would like to send you information about products and services, competitions and special offers, which may be of interest to you. You will receive marketing communication from us if you have requested information from us or purchased products from us and have not opted out of receiving that marketing. We may do this by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call.
We would also like to share your information with selected third parties with whom you wish to share data so that they may send you information about their products and/or services, depending on what you agree with us. We will always get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
We will only ask whether you would like us and other businesses to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you register on this Website.
If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
- contacting us at email@example.com
- using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or ‘STOP’ number in texts
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of a dispute regarding our relationship with you.
We will keep your personal data while you have an account with us and/or where we are continuing to supply products to you. Thereafter we will keep your personal data for as long as is necessary, but no longer than three years after you ceased to have an account with us.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see ‘your rights’ below for further information.8. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information; and
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us;
- let us have enough information to identify you;
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.10. HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.